Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Paul McCartney's Long Lost Demo



Paul McCartney : One Legged Lady ( demo)

[Purchase]

To promote his world tour's upcoming  tour of Japan, Sir Paul McCartney granted music bloggers phone interviews not to exceed two minutes. Here now is the all too brief interview 1001Songs did.

1001Songs
     Thank you so much for your time Sir Paul. May I ask what are you looking forward to the most about returning to Japan?

Paul: 
   Lovely to be here. Well, you know. I'm looking forward to getting through airport security first of all. I had a wee incident back in 1980 you may have heard about . But let's not go into that, mate. No, I've always loved the Japanese people. Even Yoko.

Paul talking to 1001Songs

1001Songs
    In interviews you've done about songwriting, you've talked about "the ether". Waking up and having "Yesterday" in your head. Only it's "Scrambled Eggs" right? How does that happen?

Paul:
    I dunno. Some songs are just there and all I have to do is reach up and grab them. It's funny you know. People think I really work hard at songwriting. Critics and fans are always trying to read special meaning into my songs. Like "My Love"  is about Linda and "Dear Friend" is about John. Or "One Legged Lady" is about Heather...

1001Songs
   "One Legged Lady"? I don't think I've heard that one...

Paul
    Oh yeah ( sings) She's got two eyes and two ears
                              But she's only got one leg


1001Songs
     Nice. But that's not about Heather Mills?

Paul
   No no no yeah. I don't know where people get these strange ideas



1001Songs
   Maybe because your ex wife is a one legged lady.

Paul.
   Yeah. Well I did notice that you know.No no no yeah but that could be about any one legged lady
   (sings)
          She's got two arms and two heads
           But she's only got one leg.    

Yeah. There must be thousands of one legged ladies out there in the world right now.    

1001Songs
     Two heads? I think you just sang "two heads"

Paul
   Yeah. I thought that was a bit crummy at first but then I thought John would have said "That's the best part!" Because there's the person we see and then there's the person we don't see.


1001Songs
Well I'm being told to wrap things up. Thank you so much Sir Paul. I think I speak for all of us, when I say you've enriched all of our lives with your songs and we'd love to hear "One Legged Lady" someday.

Paul:
   Cheers mate. I'll have me publicist send you the demo.


 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment